Bank misinformation left me penniless

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakers81

My jurisdiction is: Texas

I had 3 unauthorized transactions from a company located in the UK debited from 2 seperate accounts (2 from one account, 1 from the other), which left both accounts overdrawn. i spoke with several representatives at my bank who all gave me the same answer, "if you get documentation sent to us from the merchant saying they have no intention of collecting the funds that are being held, the funds will be credited back to your accounts within 24/48 hours". i complied with the bank's request & sent the documentation. when i called to verify that my fax had been recieved, the representative i spoke with advised me that it had, but since the merchant was located overseas it could take up to 30 days for me to be credited back. i advised the prior bank representatives that the merchant was located in the UK, and i verified that it is DOCUMENTED on my account that i was told that i would be able to get credited back within 24/48 hours. my bank still says there is nothing they can do, and in the meantime, i'm PENNILESS! do i have any legal recourse in this matter.

talk to a manager or go to a branch and talk to the manager there and get the hold off your account. You should get new debit/ credit cards-- per this company had to get your account info from somewhere?

talk to a manager or go to a branch and talk to the manager there and get the hold off your account. You should get new debit/ credit cards-- per this company had to get your account info from somewhere?

i made a purchase with them from one of my accounts, and they erroneously debited my account twice. when i called them to tell them this, they advised me that the transaction was declined on their end, and they were'nt going to collect any funds. when i called my bank to advise them of the situation, the rep i spoke with said that one of the transactions had already "posted" to my account, and the other was "pending". he did something on his end, and the funds for the pending transaction were immedeatly credited back to my account. he said that i would need to get the aforementioned "documentation in order to get credit for the other one. in the meantime, i still wanted the item i had attempted to purchase, so i decided to try it again using a different account. (i used to work for a bank, so i know that every once in a while there may be a system error/glitch or something that causes a transaction to be debited multiple times.) the same thing happened when i tried the transaction from the second account, so i contacted the merchant AGAIN to advise them. this time they said that the transaction was approved, but they only had record of 1 transaction being processed. when i contacted my bank AGAIN, i was once again advised to send documentation from the merchant. and thats where all the previous information i provided comes into play. my grievance isnt with the merchant. they were apologetic, and prompt in getting me the documentation i requested from them. they took full ownership of their error. my grievance is with a financial institution that will admit to having documented proof of setting a certain expectation to a client, and then not abiding by it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back