Consumer Law, Warranties sister wont sign car title over even though its my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky5007

im hoping that u can answer this question , i am a college student, just turned 21 and have been driving a car for the past 2 and half years, i was under the impression this was my car, the reason being is this car was originally financed through my sister and my father being the co-signer well i took over the payments thru my father and paid the car off and have continued to keep and provide maintance on the car, thru oil changes,brake jobs, etc also fixing major problems with the car (i.e. power steering), well i was told that when i turned 21 i would have to get insurance in my name no longer with my father which i was on the policy, just him and me, not my sister by the way, and the title would be put in my name thinking my father had the title, well now my father says that my sisters name is still on the title and wont sign it over to despite me, i never had a problem before now with who owns the car but now she has this legal hold over me and is threatening to take the car back , i cant see how she can do that, bc her name is on the title i now feel powerless and dont know what to do, this is my only way of transportation and i desperately need this car for school, it has been my car for 2 and half years and she has never shown any proof throughout that time that she possessed this car through that time, by the way im from illinois, this matter is in illinois, so illinois laws but i have been residing in wisconsin for the last 2 and half years, please please advise me on what i can do , thank you very much sorry if this was long i just wanted u to know all the facts, heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back