Online Bill Pay / Insuffient Fund Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackgavin

Help, I set up my account for online bill pay. I have several local bills that I send out via the bank. Recently I set up a bill for 40.00, the bank withdrew my money immediately and therefore I was charged insuffient funds. A week later the company sent me my check back stating I had over paid and they never presented the check for payment.. Can they do this??? So now I am out 65.00 for a check that was never sent in to be cashed.. The bank is saying a "bill pay company" takes my money then writes that check??? I have never had this issue with ANY bank.. I have 5 accounts with these people and I would hate to move banks but this seems in sane.. If at the time the check was presented for payment I did not have the money I deserve the fee, but the check was not ever ... NOR did anyone give me back my 40.00!

Can they leagally do this?

I don't understand since you haven't explained what "the check" was that wasn't cashed. If you're saying that you were charged an NSF fee for a check that wasn't ever sent in to be cashed, I'd be as upset as you. But I'd first send them a fax/letter before proceeding anywhere. Why not discuss with your branch manager? I've found they do resolve things rather quickly and honestly at Chase in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back