My bank allowed someone with no access to my account get $350.00 with no legal ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

briitneyleann12

I've had a bank account for savings since I was about 8 years old. I've had a job for about 5 months now and I had about $900 dollars in my savings account. I use First Community Federal Credit Union. Yesterday I went into my bank because I knew there was something wrong with my statement since it said I had only $550.00. Well it turns out that someone had been able to take out $230.00 from a bank in my area, and that's not the worst part, they were able to do it again the very next day at a different bank about 10 minutes away and took out $125.00. I'm not concerned about proving who it was, I know who did it because they confessed to doing it. But my question is what do I do next? I've called several police stations and I am trying to file a police report every officer I speak with tells me I need to call a different number, is there anyone I can report this to that will actually want to help me??

I know who did it because they confessed to doing it
Ok, so your posting title is not accurate.

How did the person/people that you know accessed your account? That is probably why your call is not being taken seriously by the police. That piece of information is essential to your case. If you shared your password with them or authorized them to use your card, then there is no case here.

However, if you are having difficulty collecting the amounts from the person/people who took the money out of your account demand restitution of your funds immediately or pursue this matter in small claims court.

Last edited:
If you have had this bank account since a child then an adult must be on it with you. Who is this adult? It is likely them that is accessing the account. You need to close the account and re-open a new one. If they are on the account they have legal access to it which is why the police probably won't do anything. Remove your finds from the account and open a new one.

I am only 17 years old but I think that's irrelevant I work and pay taxes just like everyone else.
The adult on my account is my Mom and she has in no way touched my account or helped in any way to assist in this.
The person that stole money from my account was my sister, she's got 2 years and about 150lbs on me. We look NOTHING alike.
Mind you, she walked in the credit union with my school student ID- which looks like it could be printed and laminated by a 10 year old.
She didn't write the account number because before they GAVE HER my money, she didn't know it. However, the second transaction they allowed her to withdraw had my account number seeing as how when she was given my $230 she also got all my account information on the balance sheet.
I just want there to be JUSTICE. Why should someone that does nothing but steal and lie and cheat get to have everything they want?? But when someone works and makes an honest living they get victimized and nothing is done for them. Please tell me the world hasn't come to that.
I have never seen her pay for any of the crimes she's done, she's never had to suffer any consequence, it's not fair and I want to do everything in my power to give her it.

Last edited:
The world hasn't come to that, the bad guys don't have to get everything they want. She owes you the money. As presutin said above, if she doesn't pay you back, you can try suing her in small claims court. Because of your age, you might need someone to act on your behalf.

You need to call the police and speak to someone in their fraud dept. The police dept in the city where the fraud took place would probably have jurisdiction. Tell then you need to file a police report and who to speak to please.

It may depend on how the account is set up. if it is set up in your mom's name and "in trust" to you, then it might be that MOM has to make the report.

Contact the bank and let them know that an unauthorized person has withdrawn money. They should provide you (or your mom) with an "affidavit of forgery" or something similar. You (or mom) will complete that and return it to the bank and they will look in to the matter. Very often, they will need this before they will cooperate with the police anyway.

What does your sister say about it? How do you KNOW she is the one who took the money?

Did your mom know your sister took the money? Is she willing to have your sister prosecuted? It could be that MOM is the one putting up the roadblock.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back