Statutory rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njboxer

Is it considered statutory rape for a nineteen year old to have sex with a 16 year old in the state of new jersey?

From NJ statute

New Jersey

§ 2C: 14-2
Aggravated sexual assault is sexual penetration with a victim under age 13.

Sexual assault is sexual penetration with a victim between age 13 and 16 when the actor is at least four years older.
10 to 20 years in prison

Five to 10 years in prison

cbg's rule of thumb: If you have to ask whether or not it's legal, then regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, it's a very, very bad idea.

Don't forget that statutory rape is not the only charge that can be leveled against you.

This is the situation.
i'm dating my 16 year old girlfriend, and i'm 19. Her parents have known for a while now that we were having sex, and now all of a sudden they're telling her they're going to press charges on me. It makes no sense to me at all because her mother's even offered to get her birth control which to me sounds like she's accepted it. I assumed the age of consent was 16, I figured it was fine. Apparently not.

Age of consent may be ok but if parents say no its over. Move on find someone your own age. As cbg states rape is not only charge on table. If you value your freedom and your furutre you will cease dating this girl.

You are confusing the age of consent with the age of majority.

Until your girlfriend reaches the age of 18, regardless of the age of consent in your state, what mom says goes. If mom says she doesn't see you any more, then she doesn't see you any more. Doesn't matter one whit whether she accepted it before; NOW she says no. That means it's no.

When your g/f is 18, she can do whatever she likes. Until that time, Mom and Dad have 100% say as to who she can see, what she can do, and where and with whom she can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back