quit claim deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgbaur

I was wondering if you could fully explain a quit claim deed and what can be done with one? I know they are used to sign away your own interest in the home, but they do not relieve you of your financial responsibility. This is a divorce situation and this has been thrown at me as a threat.

You can quit claim your interest in real estate to someone else. However, the person taking the deed does so with no defenses to any claims against the property. It also does not relieve the person of his responsibility under a mortgage.

Do you have to list a received payment from grantee?

Am trying to relinquish a timeshare in Texas. The Silverleaf resort which seems impossible to sell or even donate. A forum I saw (not legal) said they had used a quick claim deed to release it. In the forms I have found they all list language regarding receiving a payment (as little as a $1) from the grantee.

Silverleaf of course does not want it back but I understand they have no recourse to get maintenance fees if I have no claim to the property. I am worried that if it states any money that means Silverleaf would have to give it to me which of course they don't want to do. I tried to directly give it back to them. There is no lien on the property only dues which are up to date.

How can I use the quick claim deed to give it back without their participation?

mike

I am having the same issue only with undeveloped land and Silverleaf. Have you made any progress? Any suggestions.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back