Forgery and cosigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

allie111942

Hi, I have a serious issue. I have a friend who cosigned for a vehicle for a boyfriend. The mother of the boyfriend was the first signer and my friend cosigned. She was never on the title but she is on the loan agreement. The relationship ended on a sour note, so of course the guy stopped making payments. The other signer never made a payment.

To save her credit, my friend paid the loan off in full a sum of 20k (all car payments came out of her checking account up to this point as well ). She then got a release of lien and had the title transferred over to her name only. The mother (the other signer) was originally the only name on the title prior to the payoff and of course this means my friend must have forged the mother's signature to get the title transferred. The mother has found out and is now threatening legal action. Does my friend have any rights to keep the vehicle, which is now in her possession? And what type of repercussions might she face for forging the title? Does it matter since she has a new title now, or is the new title null and void? Please help? Should she give the vehicle back to the boyfriends' mother ? Can he even prove she forged the title?

Last edited:
my daughter forgede my signature on student loans -years ago - she is now in jail how do i get my fordged name off all student loans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back