Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Auto theft of $20,000 car charged as Felony Theft of $300-$500

Status
Not open for further replies.

djal

My Ex-girlfriend refuses to return my vehicle. I asked the police to retrieve it for me, and she flat refused to give it to them, and then hid the vehicle. The police arrested her for auto theft. The brilliant judge allowed her to bond out of jail for no money and didn't require her to disclose the location of the car.

She then filed a temporary restraining order on ME. (this was her second one, the first one was dismissed) She asked the court for use of the same stolen vehicle. The judge did not know she had been arrested for stealing the vehicle and signed it (in Lousiania, they will automatically sign a temporary order good for 21 days if domestic voilence is claim). My lawyer filed a countermotion against her temporary restraining order. When the court date came up, she did not show up to court. The judge ordered her to return my vehicle.

She took the order signed by the judge to the D.A. and told the D.A. how can you charge me with Auto theft when the judge gave me permission to use this vehicle. So the D.A. started to drop the case.

I found out and had to prove to the D.A. that I actually owned the car and that the second ruling of the judge overruled the first document. (Actually, I had get his boss to do it)

Well, she still did not show up for court, so I have not seen my car for over a year, and still have to make the payments.

Here is my question. When the D.A. refiled the charges, he filed it as a theft of $300-$500. The vehicle is a 2006 Chrysler 300 that is worth ~$20,000.

That seemed real strange to me. When I asked him about it, he basically said it doesn't matter, it is still a feloney. My common sense says a $20,000 theft is a whole different matter than $300 to $500.

Right now, the police still can't find her (they ain't looking), so the D.A. is "waiting" for her to turn up. I just have to hope she gets stopped for a traffic stop or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back