Judge was bribed? What can we do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csliga

My jurisdiction is: IN

In a divorce case, everything was being decided in my friend's favor until the judge was to interview the minor child for custody. At that time, the spouse (wife) took the minor child to the judge for the interview and handed the judge an envelope. At that point, the judge opened the envelope and told the minor child that the interview was over and that he will make the decision on custody. Approximately 2 days later, the judge ruled in favor of the spouse (wife) on child custody and all divorce proceeding rulings. The minor child told my friend (husband) that an envelope was exchanged between the spouse and the judge. At that time, my friend told his attorney about the incident. The attorney confronted the judge, and the judge admitted that he did get an envelope. The judge censored the attorney by letter admitting that he did get an envelope from the spouse, but he said he did not open it. From that point on, every court appearance has favored the spouse 100%. How can you prove that he got the envelope and opened it up? This case is a joke now. Can this case be moved to a different jurisdiction?

You have no idea what was in the envelope. It might have been money .. it might have been a letter from someone ... who knows?

The attorney can make an appropriate motion to have the matter heard before a new judge, but it might not be easy.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back