Am I recieving competent physician care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOI45

I am a waitress. I had an injury to my knee in June 2007. I had surgery to repair meniscus in Oct. 2007. The physician removed all meniscus. I knew right away that the surgery had created more pain than I had before. I could literally feel my bones rubbing together. The doctor then claimed I had arthritis and this was causing the pain. The MRI done prior to surgery does show some arthritis but I had none of this intense pain before. Workmans comp sent me to a new doctor. It takes me 3 to 4 hours driving to get to him, and my attorney chose him. I told him I had none of this type of pain before my surgery and he also says it is because of arthritis, I have since been reading about minesctomys and have found that they create problems of their own which include severe pain and arthritis. I have just recieved a series of 5 synvisc injections and I am still in pain. I will be walking along and all of the sudden get an insane shot of pain that will bring me to tears and to my knees. I tell the treating physician and he just blankly looks at me. He just released me back to work and asked me if I was going back full-time! I can't make it through a dog walk!! How can I work full-time? I did tell him no I can only do 3 days as it is 8 hour shifts, and then he notes on my release no prolonged standing. I am a waitress! Does he even hear me? do these doctors care? Are they getting paid less by workmans comp?? I am convinced I am not being cared for properly. I don't get it? I have no health care of my own but am ready to go on my own dime to get some honest answers. Am I getting proper care from workmans comp doctors? Are they restricted in the care they give me? Is there anything you can tell me to get me on the right track?

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back