Bank of America falsely advertises AIG Disability insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDEVIN7

My jurisdiction is: California

In the past I was approached by Bank of America insurance services about Accident & Disability insurance. I asked them if the insurance covered any type of injury, and they said yes and pays up to 1,000,000 dollars. They said there was a short term insurance in the policy that covered any injury for $5000.00 a month for 6 months and a long term that pays up to 1,000,000 dollars. I decided to go ahead and buy the insurance. The purchase was exclusive to Bank of America customers.
A couple months later I was involved in a serious motorcycle accident in which my leg was broken and my foot was crushed. I have been put on disability for 7 months. I called Bank of America to make sure that my injury was covered and they assured me that under the policy I have that I was covered for the short term benefits.
I then filed a claim with underwriting insurance company, AIG and National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburg PA. They then replied with a denial of my claim stating that I need to have severed body parts or be a paraplegic in order to qualify for the benefits of the policy.
I called Bank of America insurance services and recorded a conversation in which they once again stated that the insurance policy would cover me for my injuries.
First, Bank of America falsely advertised the insurance and benefits of the policy. Second AIG made it virtually impossible for the average citizen to interpret the policy.
Is there anybody out there that can give any advice or help me with this case?

My jurisdiction is: California

In the past I was approached by Bank of America insurance services about Accident & Disability insurance. I asked them if the insurance covered any type of injury, and they said yes and pays up to 1,000,000 dollars. They said there was a short term insurance in the policy that covered any injury for $5000.00 a month for 6 months and a long term that pays up to 1,000,000 dollars. I decided to go ahead and buy the insurance. The purchase was exclusive to Bank of America customers.
A couple months later I was involved in a serious motorcycle accident in which my leg was broken and my foot was crushed. I have been put on disability for 7 months. I called Bank of America to make sure that my injury was covered and they assured me that under the policy I have that I was covered for the short term benefits.
I then filed a claim with underwriting insurance company, AIG and National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburg PA. They then replied with a denial of my claim stating that I need to have severed body parts or be a paraplegic in order to qualify for the benefits of the policy.
I called Bank of America insurance services and recorded a conversation in which they once again stated that the insurance policy would cover me for my injuries.
First, Bank of America falsely advertised the insurance and benefits of the policy. Second AIG made it virtually impossible for the average citizen to interpret the policy.
Is there anybody out there that can give any advice or help me with this case?
I am now in Federal Court because I bought the same policy.
Contact me.
Matthew J. Hilgeford
5812 Christopher Lane
Richmond, Virginia 23226
804-285-4433 - home
804-426-5559 - cell

California, Bank of America AIG Fraud

My mother is also a Bank of America customer who bought an AIG "disability" policy. She is completely disabled from a motor vehicle accident and cannot work for the rest of her life. She thought she had a disability policy because that is what the form she signed said, but it really was a death and dismemberment policy that almost no one could possibly be eligible for.

Is Bank of America still selling these worthless policies?
What can I do to help my Mom? She lives in CA. Any help or advice? Thank you!

California Attorney

I have read your postings. I am a California attorney who represents a client with similar facts. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the matter.

Bryan Garcia
(310) 476-3031

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back