Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Invasion Of privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsljlw

My jurisdiction is: CT

I had a contractor do some work in my bathroom. I come to find out that the local TV station did a story about the slow down in construction and interviewed him. He then went and allowed the TV crew into my house and filmed his workers working on my bathroom. He never called me to tell me he did it, let alone ask my permission. I had to find out as the story was on the news last night. Is this an invasion of privacy?

So what can I do. As far as I know, nothing was stolen or damaged,etc. so I can't put a monetary value against it.

Can we behave here? That kind of language or comment is not called for here and we really cannot make this a trend.

With regard to the TV crew that came to your home, perhaps there was an issue of "trespass" but what do you really want from him? Figure out a certain number you'd want and get a better deal on the work being done - that's just what I might do. I don't think there is a point in taking him to court, paying expenses, and then getting a marginal sum as your damages.

First, thank you for the reply. I did exactly that, I asked for $$ off the remainder of the bill. I gave one price which I thought was fair, and then he low balled me with another saying he only makes 4-5% off the job and he gave me credit for half of it. I think he is making more than he is letting on.

=(

Sorry for the inappropriate comment. I was hoping it was deleted. I behaved badly for a small period on the boards here, and apologize to all those offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back