VA: 58 in 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABR_

Basically, the subject says it all.
I need to contest this in court, as I am a guy under 20. Although it is my 1st ticket, I fear for my auto insurance rates. Seriously, I'm not tripping about the fine ($145), it's all about the auto insurance.
I seriously do not know how fast I was going (I was going with the flow), and the detection method was Laser. I'm not sure if it was that fast, but because I don't know, how good would saying this look on my defense?
In VA, it is a requirement for anyone under 20 (I believe) to take a traffic school course, but would this keep the rates down? The DMV claims that if I was ordered by the court to take a traffic school course, that I would not be eligable for the insurance discounts.

If anyone could reccomend a plea bargain or something, please tell me. As much as I'd like to wipe this out, I don't know if it's a possibility, I JUST WANT THE INSURANCE RATES TO STAY DOWN.

Virginia Traffic School

Virginia routinely allows traffic school and the ticket will not show on your record for violations under 10mph. It all depends on the particular judge for other violations. Your best source of information is the court clerk. If you live close by stop in during a slack period and plead your case.

Most Virginia jurisdictions are accepting online traffic school. For more information

ONLINE TRAFFIC SCHOOL

Re: Virginia Traffic School

Originally posted by lwpat
Virginia routinely allows traffic school and the ticket will not show on your record for violations under 10mph. It all depends on the particular judge for other violations. Your best source of information is the court clerk. If you live close by stop in during a slack period and plead your case.

Most Virginia jurisdictions are accepting online traffic school. For more information

ONLINE TRAFFIC SCHOOL

Well, I was going more than 10mph (58/40)
And because I'm under 20 I have to go to Traffic School should I be convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back