car loan paid off but loan company messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopjoshr

i have a car loan through a company and i sold the car that i had the loan on the company released the lien when i gave them the money from the sale. when doing so they told me and my co-signer that the loan was paid for until feb 09,( i have papers stating that which ar from the company)
today i got a phone call telling me that they messed up and that i can either rewrite the loan or just start making payments monthly again and in nov and december it will show up past due.
the co signer is not willing to rewrite the loan and by my self i can't have the loan due to no enough credit.

now how can this company give me papers saying its all good until feb and then go opps we messed up start to pay again
can they do that and if not what can i do to get them to stick to what they say.

I don't know how to answer this question. If you received paperwork, then you should dispute the issue with them. You have clear paperwork that indicated your responsibilities and you relied upon their paperwork to your detriment. I'd write to them and take issue with it if it were me. Good luck with this.

compnay wont budge

the loan company won't make any kind of deal. the want me to make a payment now. how can they do this if they already agreed that the loan was paid off until feb and gave me a receipt. is there anything i can do to fight this. can i bring any kinda of suit against them? they have been making harrasing calls asking for a payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back