mother signed subcontractor agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

loltammie2

My mother rents section 8 in OHIO and was receiving free rent based on income. The housing facility is rented by PMHA and is owned by HUD.
She was asked 2 times to be resident coordinator...answer emergency call box in the specified apt.(she would relocate to in the bldg) and clean premises take out trash etc.. She denied twice and finally accepted in lieu of free rent. To me this agreement should be voided she already had free rent? She really did it for nothing. She fell and broke her hip (witnesses present) while taking the trash out to the dumpster. She filled with BWC I thought she was an employee? Little did I know they had her sign a subcontractor agreement. She was given confidential SS numbers and contacts for all residents...was not asked to sign off on what to do or not to do with the info (not very competent) this is a senior citizen complex all rent is based on income it is not assisted living., Contract & mgt says she does not have to answer Emergency cord....that is a lie...also some residents are on oxegyn...medical issues and the buzzer rings in my moms apartment...the residents have emergency chords to pull if they need help....Anyway....BWC denied her situation based on Stupid subcontractor agreement....this is a predatory agreement in my opinion and bULL. Does she have a case at least to get BWc help...she has no inusrance and does work now for 20 hours week....minimum wage $200 maybe every two weeks. Now she is sitting at home using a walker as she recovers? No income?
Please help
Loltammie2@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back