California Car Loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINJA911

About a month ago my "friend" called me and asked me to co-sign for his car loan. I gave it some thought and said yes.(considering the fact that we were practically brothers) So i go to the dealership and i sign the papers as a co-signer. About a month later I recieve a due payment on the car and it does not have me as a co-signer.
In fact it only says my name on the bill not even my friends. I can't afford the car he has purchased because i have a car and mortor cycle that I am paying off. So I was tricked by my friend and the seller at the dealer that i would be a co-signer of the car loan. So now im stuck between what I can do legally? Either wait out the 5 years and hope my friend doesnt crash, Take the car and pay for it, Or sue the dealership for lying to me into thinking I was a co-signer(would I have a case?). Any help would be apreciated.

-Thank You

You may wish to terminate the deal immediately if your friend is not a co-signer on the loan - but are you sure this is the case? Is this just your copy of the loan? Did your friend not co-sign the agreement with you? Did you speak to your friend?

If you were truly tricked into this, you'd probably want to send written notice to the finance company stating that the loan agreement was fraudulently obtained and is null and void. Before doing so, you'll probably want to make sure that everything you think happen did happen.

What I don't understand is why you're taking all of this so lightly. If this were the normal person, I'd think they would repossess the car from the friend immediately and threaten to charge them with a crime by going to the DMV and obtaining ownership for a car which is legally yours under contract.

I'm missing some things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back