Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Minor in Posession - Previous charge question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubadour

Most recently I have been charged with Minor in Possession/Consumption. I have pleaded guilty and signed a plea bargain claiming 6 months probation, on the basis that I have not had a prior charge/conviction of this crime.

I am currently 19 years old and turn 20 this November. Now here is my question.

When I was 15 I received a very peculiar ticket in the mail. I apparently was being charged with Minor in Consumption/Possession. Despite the fact I was not at the party. I don't know how it came about ,but the cops had believed I was there and sent me a ticket. When I went to court for it, I pleaded my case and the case was dropped.

Now I was under the previous assumption that since I was under 18 and the charges were dropped that this would not count as a prior charge/conviction. So when asked the question if I had a prior charge/conviction. I answered "no".

Now ever since I've been stressed out second guessing myself and trying to figure out if I really screwed myself over on this. Either way I will find out tomorrow morning if I am or not.

However, I would like to know if I was right in my previous belief that it did not count. If I am wrong I would like to know so when I show up to talk to the probation officer I can immediately explain myself and extend my sincere apology for my previous ignorance to the law. If however I was right, I would really enjoy not being so stressed about it and being able to sleep tonight.

Thank you very much for your time and your answer,
Troubadour.

P.S: I would like to get this answer before I head to bed, so hopefully someone will be on to read it.

P.S.S: Sorry for the length, I sometimes get carried away in my writing.

Is it your understanding that for the plea bargain they asked "Prior charge?" As in, have you ever been arrested?

Due to it being dropped/under 18, etc., from what I know it won't show up on the criminal report given to the probation officer. I seriously doubt, but am not 100% sure, that your plea bargain is in jeopardy.

You can probably tell them that you didn't consider it a charge as it was more of a clerical error.

I wish I could give you a 100% answer but I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back