Unfare Write ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjay17

Here's my problem

At work we have a policy where if you call out sick you have to call out one hour before your shift starts unless you work the first shift, which is where I work, you have to call in at the start of your shift.

There are a few of us who come in at 4:00 am. So I tried to call out at 3:45 4:11 and 4:20 no one picked up. I could not sleep the whole night because of asthma problems so I ended up falling asleep. Around 6:30 my job calls me to see where I was I told them what happen and that I will be going to the Dr. My manager told me that it was ok as long as I had a note, and that the reason why they did not pick up was because they changed the start time from 4 to 4:30 and no one was there.

A few days later he comes up to me and say that it had to be counted as a no call no show and that the assistant manager wanted to write me up. So then ended up writing me up for a no call no show.

I did not sign it and put on the write up what had happen.

They also paid me for the sick time.

Second Part

I feel that I am being written up for things that other people are not. I will always take responsibility for my actions. Always. But I feel that others at my job are treated differently then I am.

One I use to drive a forklift and I drop a pallet from the steel. I was written up and suspended from driving for 30 days. I know what I did was wrong did my 30 days and was back on. Within that time another driver runs into a pole. Was only suspended for 1 day. Did $275 worth of damage. I did $230.

A few weeks later a driver runs into a roll up door in receiving. Nothing happen.

Then a driver knocks over 4 cases of beer. NO write up

Then I was moving a pallet of beer a month later and the beer was unstable so 5 cases feel off. Suspended for 30 days and written up. I told them I did not want to drive any more, asked them why the other guy was not written up and they said it was because of the dollar amount.

The night stokers began to tell me that one of the drivers at night drops things and runs into stuff all the time and nothing happens.

I honestly believe I am a good worker and they are always telling me that but I don't understand why I am the only one being targeted for write ups. It makes be so nervous to go to work. I have OCD and its become 10X worse over the last 3 months. I am afraid to do anything sometimes because I feel like I might break it.

I don't know what to do I can't talk to the assistant manager because shes the one who keeps telling my manager to write me up.

When I got the write up for the no call no show I shared a little bit of this with my manager and says all the manager stuff and tries to make me feel better.

And last I drive an electric pallet jack and that position is on a higher pay scale. I just found out. Can I get back pay for that?

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back