Tenant/Tenant Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharon69

I live in a 4 apartment house and the tenant that lives on top of me has a 3 year old child that makes constant noise all day long and makes loud banging noises throughout the night. I notified the landlord multiple times as well as notifying the tenant and she has refused to compromise with me. What can be done about this because my lease says that I am to comfortably enjoy my apartment and my lease is clearly being broken and has been broken now for 6 long months.

You need to document the complaints, in writing, with your landlord and request that a solution take place by a certain date. If no improvements, you need to tell the landlord that s/he will have to rethink your lease and negotiate with you the lease break fees and penalties. Now, if your intention is not to move out but have the tenant above quiet down, have the landlord come over to your place and spend sometime in your unit for him/her to see what you go through on a daily basis so to side with you on this issue. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back