Ask a Legal Question
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    public intoxication, first offense, Palm Springs, CA

    Hi, thanks for reading,

    I am a 35 year old female and I was arrested last weekend for public intoxication in Palm Springs, CA. I was given a ticket and I need to go back and appear in court next month. The violation number is 647 (f) PC. This is my first arrest. I have no idea where to begin in getting this straightened out. Do I need to have a lawyer go with me to court? I don't have a lot of money to hire a lawyer. What will occur in court? What is the usual penalty for public intoxication for a person with no prior criminal record?

    Thank you again for any info or advice you can provide!

  2. TheLaw Supreme Court Justice Learned Colleague

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thanked 96 Times in 96 Posts
    It's unlikely anything too damaging will happen. If you get a good defense attorney, however, he will possibly be able to reduce what you did to a civil infraction.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to raskalnikov For This Useful Post:

    fishoutofwater (10-08-2008)

Similar Threads

  1. Alcohol: MIP, MIC, Intoxication public intoxication virginia
    By fishfriend in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Alcohol: MIP, MIC, Intoxication public intoxication ticket?
    By jellowire in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. Alcohol: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Mip Alcohol
    By TEXASDOUBLED in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 03:12 PM

Log in

Log in