18 year old son moved out living with girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenman

We have recently relocated to NC and my son who turned 18 2 months ago decided to leave home on a greyhound back to Ohio after being constantly encouraged (to the point of blackmail, I have proof) by not only the girlfriend, but her mother (who should know better) to leave his family here and move back there, hes a senior in high school and she went to the Superintendant to get him accepted, so at least he completes high school, he was doing well here or so I thought, I tried to keep him here, but failed. He did not withdraw from school here or work or community college before he left, I believe hes in the process of doing that now though, he's leaving the opportunity to go to a 4 year university next year for potentially going to a commnity college (this has been orchestrated by the mother as she does not want her daughter to potentially move here) these 2 have been "dating" since Dec 2007, and are so in "love" and are now living together with the parents and another younger daughter and the oldest daughter is 23, pregnant with no 4, the mother in this case incidently had her first child at 14! I have been in touch with schools/councillors/work/friends and am told there is nothing I can do now that hes 18 - what advice can you give me besides wait it out - drug abuse is my biggest concern as this has been an issue with the first daughter, I am not on good terms at all with the family and our family is the evil one for not allowing him to have the "best time of his life" as a senior in high school and moving him here, life is better in NC. advice regarding finance/legal/psychological would be appreciated.:mad:::confused:mother of 3 boys

He's 18 years old. He's a legal adult. He is free to make his own decisions and to live where he wants to live. There is no advice we CAN give you except "wait it out" since you have no legal authority to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back