Consumer Law, Warranties former college athlete seeking scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

oding83

I am a former college athlete that was awarded an athletic scholarship that would pay for my tuition. I have completed all of the academic courses in order to get a degree but, the university still has not paid for the tuition after over a year even though I have a signed document that states the agreement from the NCAA. Since I do not have my diploma I have not been able to get a job that would be given to someone with a diploma. It has been over a year that I have been meeting with the school, emailing, and calling and have been ignored. Do I have a case?

Has anyone given you a reason why they aren't complying? Your best bet is to send a letter, certified return receipt, to a person there with some authority. This will put them on "notice" of the issue before you might need to send them another letter informing them that, if they don't comply, you may need to sue them. You may also want to make reference to the NCAA guidelines, which I'm sure they don't want to broach. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back