Trustee refusing to supply copy of full trust and will

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmeblb

Hello,

This past July my father passed away in Indiana. I have half-siblings (all from another marriage), one of whom (also in Indiana) was named Executrix/Trustee and primary beneficiary of his estate.

Including the Executrix/Trustee and myself, there are a total of 4 beneficiaries.

I live in MN. Other than myself and the Executrix/Trustee, there is another beneficiary also living in Indiana (my source of information) and the 4th lives in CA.

My information is 2nd hand through the beneficiary who lives in Indiana and not from the Executrix/Trustee - who is refusing to talk to me. My source has similar concerns, but under protest from the Trustee is unable act on behalf of all concerned.

I have issues about what I am being told:
(1) My father supposedly had a trust which he reportedly 'amended' while in the hospital. It is unclear to me if either were properly executed or funded.
(2) I am told that he did not have a will, which I also do not understand.
(3) The Trustee said all personal property was left to her and has taken &/or disposed of it accordingly and without initial input from the other 3 beneficiaries. There are also bank accounts involved along with the sale of my father's house.

Acting in accord with another beneficiary I requested a copy of the full trust and will (in case there is one), but the trustee is refusing.

Could you please let me know if I have any recourse?

Thank you for you help.........................itsmeblb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back