Child support in divorce papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

viktorkilsin

Yes my question is inside of my divorce papers there is an amount for me to pay for child support. Yet i do not make that much an hour anymore. I was unemployed at the time due to layoffs. She said it had to be put in there because a judge ordered it. My child is yet to be born I still have a few months till then. I was just wondering if there was going to be a court hearing to decide on the amount supposed to be payed per month or is that amount in my divorce papers the real amount? I was unemployed when she filed yet they based it off my last job. I thought they based it off of your current income? Yet like i was asking is the amount in the papers a real amount or just one ordered till a court hearing? Also it looked like a lawyer typed it not a judge. So is this the real amount or just a false one to just fill in the support blanks till a court hearing? I mean anything anone knows on child support before a baby is born would help immensely thank you. I live in Alabama.

It is really strnage that child support is even ordered before the birth. You should not have agreed to that amount if you were not making it. Did you have an attorney? It's time to see one, You might have to wait until the bith to file for an adjustment.

I was told by her lawyer that it was court ordered. The part of the papers states :"The Husband shall pay to the wife 269.00 per month for the support and maintenance of the minor child. Child support payments are to begin on the first of the month after the child is born and continue thereafter. The husband shall be responsible for the payment of child-support for the child until the child either attains the age of nineteen yeats,enters college, becomes self supporting, or marries. As evidenced by the Notice on Compliance filed with this agreement, the child support agreed upon herein for the minor child was determined by the application of the Child Support Guidelined established Rule 32,A.R.J.A. A copy of the Guideline Form has been attached hereto as Exhibit A. In support of the agreed upon amount of child support the parties have also attached hereto as Exhibits B and C Child Support Obligation Income Statement/Affidavit, both of which have been completed and agreed to by the parties." Yet the thing that also puzzles me is right below that it says income withholding order N/A. She had all of this done without me, the child is solely in her custody, her custody full time. This was decided before i even got the papers. I was given no court hearing, no case to plead, just a we are divorced heres the papers sign them or ill just get them to file them anyways just the way they are. She told me that the judge even said that he will pass the papers the way they are no matter if i signed them or not it would just make it easier. I have had no court trial or case for child support or child custody. She got all of this done behind my back and they let her. I mean the custody was decided before i even got the papers. It says so in my divorce papers. I just dont understand how can it be that she can get full custody without even a court hearing? Or get child support without a court hearing?

She told me flat out that since they named her full guardian if i didnt sign the papers she would deny me rights to the child. So yeah i had to sign them because i want to see my child ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back