Do I have a case for libel & wrongful termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey0614

I was hired on March 17th, 2008 as a trainee for an alarm monitoring Co. (no prior experience).
FACTS:
1. Weekly evaluations showed increasing improvement in training up until May 1st, 2008.

2. My one-on-one trainer/supervisor went on a 2 month medical leave; leaving me most times with no one training me one-on-one, and sometimes with no one to help me because they were too busy with their own work. I was also getting confusing and conflicting training on the very important alarms of burglary, fire, panic, duress, holdup, medical, and emergency alarms.

3. According to the Co. training manual, training can go to SIX months.

4. From Mid May to early July my training suffered without my original trainer/supervisor as this is the time she was still out on medical leave.

5. I had increasing personal family problems at home, including the pending foreclosure of my home which occured on Sept. 19th, 2008.I informed my trainer/supervisor about this, as it was beginning to affect my job performance and inability to focus on the job. She only SUGGESTED I contact EAP (Employee assistance Program), where she should have MANDATED it to me as clearly stated in the training manual.

6. As I began making more errors (mostly minor) my supervisor/trainer began treating me unfairly, unkindly, anger provoking, and would act very cold towards me. She also reported to managment false accusations of insubordination. She also treated other employees badly, threatening them with violence and called one employee a "heffer". She also was vulgar, loud, and very moody. Myself being a Catholic took offense to the many times she would yell out "JEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSUSSSSSSS!!!". The training manual states clearly that any one offending others or threatening them or causing an atmosphere creating anxiety, fear, and tension will not be tolerated.

Our shift was 12 hrs. 4 days a week, from 7 pm to 7 am. when the upper managment were not there.

7. On about Sept.20th or thereabouts, I was put on "paper shredding duty" of which I came across several printed emails that I had noticed my name on. One of the emails (which incidentally was also sent to the main manager, the ass't mgr., ass't supervisor, and the training manager of the Co.

In this email a totally false statement that my main supervisor/trainer stated exactly:
"she (meaning me) went so far as to say that that's why we can't have a black president; we can't let "them" have power." A totally false statement, and I have one witness that was present at that time it was NOT said. I still have that email among others that libled me falsely and intended to infuriate my managers & training manager.

8. In previous co-worker social interactions I had revealed the fact that I WAS going to vote for Obama!

9. My supervisor/trainer is African American.

10. I was dicharged from my job on Sept. 26, 2008 for "not following Standard Operating Guidlines" which consisted of a number of "write ups" which were generally all minor operator errors. Errors which are committed by many other operators (they told me) but they were not fired for such.

I feel I was wrongfully terminated and also libled which led to slander among the other employees which also began to treat me coldly.

Can anyone please help me? ---------Mickey

P.S. I can't afford a lawyer at this time, but a pro-bono or contingency one.

Mickey - unfortunately your posting does not reveal what you may think is a wrongful termination or liable. What it does reveal is your boss being a witch (if you know what I meant to say) but that is all. Click on the links below for what constitutes liabel and what is a wrongful termination. If you still feel that you have a case after you read the contents of the links, check with the bar association of your state for pro-bono attorneys as well as the courthouse. Good luck to you!

http://www.employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm
http://www.employeeissues.com/hostile_work_environment.htm
http://www.employeeissues.com/defamation.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back