Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Felony Theft in MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

asophia37

I have been charged with a Felony C offense of Theft/Stealing in Missouri (Value Of Property Or Services Is $500 Or More But Less Than $25,000). The money was taken from my employer, however, it was for the same amount of a paycheck that I was expecting that was subsequently withheld. I have not been arrested nor arraigned, nor have a scheduled court date, just have been charged and issued a warrant.
I am curious to know if I can fight the charges by arguing that it was the same amount that I was to be paid, or if I can just pay back the business the amount stolen and have the charges dropped.

Please help! I don't want to hide from this warrant any longer!

Last edited:
You'll need an attorney to act as an intermediary for what you wish to do. If you do it, it will show guilty. So your attorney needs to contact the employer and prosecutor and determine if you paying it off will help you get on with your life.

Good luck to yoU! Anxiety is a killer.

You cannot steal because you are owed money. It is possible based on your record if your emplyer is willing to drop the charges that if you pay it back it may get dropped but its up to your employer and the DA.

If you employer has not paid you a check then you file a complaint with the labor board and not take the law into your own hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back