neighbor harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilycat8

My neighbor is constantly harassing me over a personal loan. She loaned me funds while I was unemployed and when it came time to pay back the money 3 months later I was not able to pay in one lump sum ($1500). She refused to accept any payments from me and would only accept the entire amount in one lump sum immediately. Well I was unable to do that. She obtained a judgment against me and now harasses me and my friends whenever I am outside. Is there anything I can do about this? I am still unemployed and have had serious medical problems this year which have to take priority in my life. At this point I have no intention of paying her and I ignore her nasty comments but I'm tired of being harassed at my home. Once again I tried to give her payments but she would not accept them. She will never be able to collect on the judgment based on my situation and finances and the state laws in Texas. This has been going on for 2 years now.

I'm mildly curious about what she's doing to harass you, but... You owe her $1500, and you have no intention of paying, and you want her to stop bugging you? You can't be serious.

Like I said I have serious medical issues going on and my health has to come first. I spent several months in a coma this past year. As I stated in my post I tried to make payments to her 2 years ago and she refused to accept ANY AMOUNT other than one lump sum of $1500. I had every intention of paying her but how exactly is someone with no job, no car, etc. going to get a lump sum of $1500??? Within 2 months she received her judgment so I'm not going to mess with it anymore. She basically stalks me, leaves notes on my friends' vehicles, notes on my door, states my personal business to anyone that is out and to the homeowner's assoc. She could have had her money a long time ago if she had only accepted 3 or 4 partial payments over about a 4 month time frame. Being single, no insurance, no job, and very serious medical issues my health has to come first. She has her judgment and she will never be able to collect on it but the harassment has to stop. She is highly unstable and I won't be surprised if she physically attacks me or damages my property.

I did even offer to give her collateral to hold until I did pay her. This was 2 years ago. I never agreed to pay the $1500 in one lump sum and I am not denying that owe her the money but that gives her no right to harass me either. I think paying the amount in 3 or 4 payments over a 4 month time frame was very reasonable but again she refused. Each time I presented funds to her she refused them so I guess she didn't want her money that bad. I did what I could at the time and since my situation has deteriorated instead of improving I have to focus on saving my life instead of owing her money.

Tell her you'll have her money in four months. Save the money you could pay in instalments, and show her the savings account balance. Ask her to kindly mind her own business and let you act in good faith to get her money. Four months down the road, pay her off in full. You could have done that two years ago and saved some grief.

I actually did try to save it up just to pay her in a lump sum and then bad things kept happening with my health and I kept having to use the funds for that. It's like a never ending circle of one thing right after another. I can always try again but in the meantime is there anything I can do to stop her harassing me? In the past she won't even listen to anything about payments or or more time or anything else. It's pay the GD money in one payment and she just keeps on and on. Obviously seeing the EMS here twice and my front door being broken in wasn't enough to show her I wasn't kidding around about health problems lol.

The way I see it, either fish or cut bait. If you intend to pay her, start taking steps to do so, show her the steps you're taking, and ask her to butt out while you take them. If you don't intend to pay her, have the decency to tell her so she's not clinging to false hope. Then put your fingers in your ears and go la la la whenever she comes near. The woman is a lunatic, but if she's not making you fear for your safety, that's just the price you pay for borrowing from a lunatic and not paying them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back