Bank withdrew funds without authorization or knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsquires

Scottsdale, Arizona - Recently i fell behind in my credit card payments. in january they called and offered me a settlement of $255 down and then 4 payments of $587 at which time they would mark the debt paid and I9 me for the balances to which i would pay taxes. i agreed but could not start until 2/15 when i got paid. the woman said that they had to have the $255 now and i told her i didn't have it. she said that she could see me account and knew i had the money. i told her that i had outstanding checks, so i really didn't have the money. she said if i didn't agree to this now, they would take the money out of my account any way and then there would be no agreement, so i really had no choice. they didn't withdraw the money for 12 days and because the outstanding checks had gone through, the $255 withdrawal went nsf. then the withdrew the authorized $587 on 2/15, 3/15, 4/15 and 5/15. if figured it was all ok. never heard from them on this until two weeks ago when my kn-laws and my brother in-law got calls from the bank saying that they were the emergency contact on my business account and that it was urgent he speak to me regarding fraud on my business account. this didn't seem right since there is only myself and my husband on our account and his family has nothing to do with our business. i called the bank and they had no idea who this person was. after he starting harassing them and calling 6 and 7 times a day, we finally called him back. he was with card services on the credit card i thought was paid. i told him that i would look at my statements and see if that $255 had ever gone through. I got his fax number Thursday morning. On Friday morning I checked my account and the debited my account $1000 without my knowledge or authorization. I was concerned because I had a $1200 check outstanding to the IRS and this debit would cause that to bounce. They refused to honor the original agreement because it was too long since last payment and they would not credit me back the unauthorized payment of $1000 and the IRS check did go through twice and they hit me for two $35 NSF fees.

What legal advice can you give? Can they actually do this? Can they be held responsible for the problems and NSF check to the IRS can cause?

Please Help!!

Last edited:
I don't know who "they" is here and who the parties are. I do know that "Card Services" is a credit card scam by some company that may be located in Florida or Atlanta, where they have call centers. None of what you're telling me make sense. I don't know who "they" is who called you and told you that you had to pay $255 and that you had the money available because they could see it. That doesn't make sense right there - my understanding is that there is no way an account representative in credit card collections has direct access to view all your banking information as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back