Neighbor bothering my 12 year old son

Status
Not open for further replies.

calexandrou

We have had issues with my neighbor steming from dogs and having to call animal control, garbage coming onto our property and having to call the health department and has made them angry and hostile. She has gone into the school where my son goes and has made a gesture with out words to make him become intimidated and afraid of her. I contact the principal as soon as he came home to tell me. After having a discussion with the principle he advised because he doesn't have proof he won't be able to take action. Also my son was getting home from school when getting off the bus and starting to walk home with his friends having a conversation amongst themselves was approached by this woman (neighbor) she started to yell at them in an unwanted behavior. Again my son was intimidated not expecting this woman to behave in that way. I called the police and filed a complaint. The policeman said that in court they are not really going to take what a child says against an adult. And that it was not servere enough to cause a restraining order. I don't want my neighbor to bother my son. He is only 12 and doesn't deserve that. What can I do that will make her stay away from my son.

You can always TRY to seek a restraining order, but different states have different rules governing the requirements to obtain one.

Keep in mind that the other woman may have a very different account of events.

It may be that all you can do is have your son ignore her and not engage her in any way - by voice, gesture, or action.

- Carl

Problem with neighbor

I am having a similiar problem with my neighbor. He has been bothering us for two years now. Everything from shooting a pellet gun at my vehicles to suspecting him of killing my cat. He now says things to my son as he walks by his house, give us the finger and so on. Even had what looked like a rifle outside threatening the kids. I have called the police on him several times but they say it's a she said he said type of thing. I have installed a privacy fence and had an attorney send a cease and desist letter to him which he replied in a crazy manner. He has called the township and neighboring properties threatening them if they don't do something to me. I have lived there for18 yrs and never had a problem with anyone before but this crazy moves in and makes my life a living hell. The police have suggested trying to catch his actions on tape and I have tried. If he doesn't stop his behavior after receiving the attorney letter I will buy a security camera system. It is expensive but worth it in my opinion. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back