Lifetime property rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCmom

Several years ago I purchased the adjoining property that is located behind the property that my home sits on in North Carolina. The son of the owner gave himself life time rights to the property including farming and timber rights. Since this time his parents have passed away, and he in an acholic. We recently had to have him arrested for being very drunk and disordly on the proptery that I own. When we went to court the first time we agreed that he would not be on my property at anytime when he was drunk and that he would call and let me know in advance when he was coming to the adjoining property. One week after we signed it, he broke it. Since then we have had nothing but problems from him. We have actually had to serve him with several tresspassing warrants, that have done no good as of yet. Today I went to the mail box and recieved a letter stating that I am no longer allowed on the proptery that I own (the one he has rights to) and if I do I will be tresspassing. I have paid the taxes on this property for the past 13 years. My question is what are my rights, I know that he has lifetime rights, but how can I be told that I am not allowed on my property?

Have your attorney send him a letter stating that you cannot trespass your own property and that his lifetime rights are only for the purposes listed on your posting. Hope this helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back