Covert Community Investigations. Gang Stalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstalking

Hello there,

I am writing to find out more about community investigations. It recently came out in several U.K. papers that people had been placed under investigations for simple things like littering and anti-social behaviours.

The types of investigations they had been placed under involved using R.I.P.A. laws to spy on them. When I say spy on them, I mean they had what are called, covert human intellegence sources, community spies, following people around, they had these people's phones, tapped, used CCTV camera on them and opened mail and email. Some of these investigations went on for months.

The reason that I bring this up, is because I am trying to find out information on these types of investigations, and what can be done. I am wondering if a person suspects that they are under this sort of covert investigation what can they do? Many have tried private investigators or find that lawyers want them to gather the proof before taking the case.

I am looking for answers for a couple of places. Since the information came out in the U.K. there are several organisation that have a better handle of what is happening, but in the United States and Canada, and other countries the media has not come out with as much information.

I will go with New York, New York, United States and Vancouver B.C. Canada, Ottawa ON, Canada.

In these three locations, what would a target of a suspected covert opperation do?

In many cases there is information coming out the these countries might be using secret databases where the clients can not use the usual F.O.I.A. requests to access the information.

The privacy commisioner of Canada came out with such a report, and the ACLU came out with a similar report about American Fusion Centers, and information being stored in secret databases, that the public can not access.

If someone is under a covert investigation being followed, monitored, etc, and the information is going into a seperate or secret datebase, what can they do to get help?

I honestly have no idea. If it's covert, it will be difficult to prove anyone is doing this. Without it, anyone can claim their rights are being violated but without any proof that it is occurring. I think you'd at least need to have good cause to begin any action of any kind.

I honestly have no idea. If it's covert, it will be difficult to prove anyone is doing this. Without it, anyone can claim their rights are being violated but without any proof that it is occurring. I think you'd at least need to have good cause to begin any action of any kind.

Thank you for your response. This is covert in the sense that it's hard to proove, as with any investigation. However in these cases, the targeted individuals are being followed around and their lives are being disrupted, similar to Cointelpro investigations. However based on the research the harassment that is involved is more akeen to what happened in dissidents in the former Eastern Blocs such as Russia and East Germany.

Prooving what is happening for many even after they realise what is happening is hard, and trying to take any kind of legal action has proven to be even harder for most of those targeted.

I again thank you for your feedback, and can only hope that with awareness, we might be able to make some kind of difference.

Ongoing investigations with no end in sight.

blog.aclu.org/2009/04/30/mass-con-fusion/#more-5320

"You mean to tell me that it is legal for corporations from the private sector to team up with local law enforcement officials in efforts to spy on innocent members of our society? You also mean to tell me that the synthesis of law enforcement authority and the drive of for-profit companies operate under little to no guidelines or restrictions and it is unclear to whom they are responsible to?"

The above is a direct quote from the ACLU, and I am wondering if anything is being done in regards to these types of investigations?

When I last posted here, the ACLU had not even spoken out about these types of investigations or acknowledged that they were happening, so with that in mind, what would you recommend? (I understand if you don't provide feedback.)

The ACLU has been contacted, but the person who wrote the specific story is a none response so far.

Many targets have tried to contact the ACLU, but in a case such as this, I think individual action is best, because trying a class action at this stage might not work.

I am wondering why the thread was moved, or removed? When you are in google and now when you follow the link it says the thread is no longer valid?

I reposted my question, but then went into my messages and found the thread that way.

wcb.pe.ca/photos/original/wcb_wpviolence.pdf

The Canadian Center of Occupational Health and Safety

Unless otherwise prohibited by law, the duty to inform workers under subsection (1) includes a duty to provide information related to the risk of violence from persons who have a history of violent behavior and who may be encountered by a worker in the course of his or her work.

Workers have the ' right to know ' all risks and safe work procedures associated with the job. This may involve identifying individuals with a history of unpredictable or violent behavior.

The identity of the person and the nature of the risk must be given to staff likely to come into contact with that person. While workers have the right to know the risks, it is important to remember that this information cannot be indiscriminately distributed.

Every country has similar reporting systems under health and safety. Canada, U.S., U.K., Europe, etc. The question is are they sharing the information, from what targets have reported, it sounds like this is getting shared across boarder. A Freedom of Information Act (F.O.I.A.) request should shed some light on this.

Awareness Register

torbay.gov.uk/violent_aggressive_and_threatening_behaviour.pdf
Awareness Registry

Targeted IndividualsIn Torbay Council the name of the program that keeps a record of all the targets is called the Awareness Register.

Managers (via, and with the discretion of, the Health and Safety team) must keep details of dangerous customers. Employees must report any potentially
violent situations they are aware of via the Accident/Occurrence form.

Awareness Register

Definitions

Cross-directorate Awareness Register – a computerised database that contains names and/or addresses of persons (or dangerous animals at those addresses) who have initiated incidents of VATB against Torbay Council employees or whilst on Council premises. The data has a digitally encrypted password so that it cannot be read if copied.

The Data Protection Act – legislation which protects an individual's rights regarding information held about themselves; information held on the Awareness Register must comply with this legislation.]An individual has the right to receive a copy (on written request) of the data held about them (and a right to compensation if the information is inaccurate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back