Wrongfully accused and fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissaprice57

my boyfriend was recently working at walmart store in our town up until this morning.he went in to work this morning and they pulled him into the office and had officers and a detective there and just started accusing him of stealing from the register.they said that they have him on camera but refused to show him this and he for sure did not steal!! they fired him and told him that they will be turning this into the district attourney and they will go from there.now he is deffinately being wrongfully accused, and is willing to do anything to prove that he is innocent.he would even do a lie detector test.should we try to get a lawyer now or just wait and see what happens?we have two children, he is in college, he wouldnt risk losing anything for the supposedly 200 dollars they are saying he stole.if he does get a lawyer what could he get out of this when they do find out and will find out that he didnt do it?the time that he wont be working now can he get compensated and also can he get anything for being wrongfully accused?also to add in, he has only been working there for about a month so cannot collect unemployment. someone please give me some advise on our situation!!!

should we try to get a lawyer now or just wait and see what happens?
If he is really innocent, get a lawyer like... ASAP! The lawyer will know what to do next when it comes to compensation for all the things he is being penalized for. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Yes he needs an Attorney and he should answer no more question from Walmar tor Police until he has done so. They do not have to show him video, however in many cases they dont take it to this level without concrete proof. You might have to face a sad reality that he may have taken money. Why would Walmart risk Civil suit over this? Answer they would not. If they have no real evidence then Police woud not had been there. If your right and he did no wrong DA will likely drop charges for lack of evidence

thanks for the responses.they said that what they saw on camera "looked like" from far away that he took money from the register and put it in his pocket.i believe him that he didnt.he wants to somehow prove to them that he didnt but is not sure on how to go about doing that since they say they just think it looked like he did it, but he is unable to see the video.

If he sues them for wrongful dismissal, he will have the opportunity to view the tape and any other evidence they may have supporting their claim he was stealing. Short of that, they are under no obligation to let him see it. You'll have the opportunity to evaluate how strong Walmart's claim really is, and if you think it's weak you can proceed with the suit or try to reach a settlement. If he didn't do it, get a lawyer on it.

As far as the cops go, I wouldn't worry about it unless and until they press charges.

Please note: A wrongful termination does not mean that you were terminated for something you did not do. It means that you were terminated for a reason prohibited by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back