International Divorce - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnebee

I married my husband in the state of Virginia, in June of 2007. He began the process of immigration and now holds an L1 Visa and since June of this year has had wages paid through the American division of his company. He was here approximately 50% of the time, the rest was at his company in the Netherlands. August 14th of this year, he left to go back to the Netherlands for what I thought was business. One week later, I got notice from him that he was not coming back to the states any time soon and he did not want me in the Netherlands with him. There is another woman there he is involved with and I have found out. We recently closed on a mortgage (5/29/08) of over $750,000 of which all is in my name because he did not have his social security number at that time. Of course he is angry that I have found his "other life" and I need quick advice on how to file for a seperation and maintain his monthly paycheck of $10,000 coming in to pay for all expenses here in the states. He has told me today he is cutting what he sends to the states. I do not have the means to pay for this dream house of his and am scared to death of financial ruin because of his games. HELP!! What do I do first?????? The first of the month is just around the corner and I know there are no funds coming or only a small portion.

Honestly you probably do not have much recourse but to put the house for sale asap. But you need to see an attorney. Him being in another country is going to be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back