Summons for Credit Card Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGHELP

,I received a summons from the court to respond to oustanding credit card. I am working with a debt settlement company and have been for a about 6 months. The credit card company and attorney are aware I am working with them and still filed to sue me. The settlement company contacted them on my behalf and they stated they wanted over 600.00 and 165.00 a month. I do not have that kind of money to pay them. I offered to pay a smaller amount and a lower down payment. They declined. I am not working and we are living on one income and are behind on mortgage and everything else. What can the judge order?,

OMGHELP!!!!!!

,I received a summons from the court to respond to oustanding credit card. I am working with a debt settlement company and have been for a about 6 months. The credit card company and attorney are aware I am working with them and still filed to sue me. The settlement company contacted them on my behalf and they stated they wanted over 600.00 and 165.00 a month. I do not have that kind of money to pay them. I offered to pay a smaller amount and a lower down payment. They declined. I am not working and we are living on one income and are behind on mortgage and everything else. What can the judge order?
Unfortunately you have to look at it this way - some people are out money because you couldn't pay back what you borrowed. As a result, they want to make sure that they can get it back in a timely fashion so they will get a judgment against to you expedite the process of collection should your financial situation get worse. Unfortunately I don't see any defense you have except "can't pay for what I borrowed and promised to pay" which isn't a valid defense. Your best bet is to discuss payment options with them and, if they won't budge, possibly even mentioning your potential need to go into bankruptcy (and then nobody will get paid.) I wish I could help more and best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back