IT Expert Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi444

What would qualify as an expert witness? I am currently a defendant in a civil case revolving around IT allegations. Would I be able to use myself as an expert witness? I am not certified in computer forensics. I do however have 12 years experience in the IT field and a degree in computer science. I am also a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Virtualization Certified Professional (VCP), CompTIA Network Plus and CompTIA Security Plus certified.

Are you representing yourself?

I have no idea whether you would clear the hurdles required to qualify as an expert, but even if you did, trying to act as your own expert witness would not be a great idea. You want your expert witness to be a person whom the finder of fact will believe to be unbiased. There is no way your testimony would be seen as anything but self-serving.
You are, of course, free to testify, and you can push the technical portion of that as far as the Court will allow, but you should engage an "independent" expert witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back