Divorce in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfussell

I was married in 1998 and my wife move out in 2003. After trying to work out a noncontested divorce with her for years I filed for a divorce September 2007. She ignored the notice that the divorce was filed until we had her served in January 2008. We had our first court appearance in April 2008 and she wanted the house and agreed on the temporary orders to get a loan and that is all she wanted. Finally her loan was approved and I moved out and turned over posession of the house. I move into a motel and put an offer on another house. Now my wife has filed asking for spousal support and claiming additional community property that does not exist. I believe she is trying to delay the final divorce until we have been married for 10 years so she can claim on my social security and possibly get spousal support. I have neighbors that will verify that we did not live together for years. I am still living in a motel and my lender will not approve my loan without a final divorce decree.
Can a judge sign a divorce decree even when the other party is disputing the property settlement?

I believe the judge will rule on the settlement and spousal support before, or at the same time, he signs the final decree. He won't sign the decree while there is a question about support or the property pending.

If you have an upcoming hearing, you will probably have to show that her filing is unfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back