Help Just received summons for Discover Card Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

srr7778

I just received a summons for Discover Card debt. My wife and I are overwelmed in debt. We have not been able to pay any of our credit cards and are still coming up short paying the necesities. We have been planning on filing bankruptcy but haven't had the money to do so. What actions do we take now. There is no way we could live I there was a garnishment and don't have money to settle. We got caught in these home loans that increase principal every month and have a tenant we are evicting.

My advise would be to do debt consilidation. It hurts your credit, but if you are not paying the bills then your credit is huting anyway. look into a company that will start helping you now with now money up front. There are ones like that.

We are to the point we can't even afford to pay a reduced amount per month. We barely make enough or in some cases not enough ever without paying these bill. Very desperate now. If I had my wages garnished I would not be able to provide food and a home for my kids.

we are in the same situation. i completely understand. we can't afford to pay necessites like water and elect. we sure can't afford anything else extra. best of luck. i just posted a question asking the same thing.

Can anyone help me write an answer to the summons that I need to send to the court. I have no idea what or how to write it. We are going to file bankrupcy. I need to answer this asap so they don't get a default judgement and postpone it so the bankruptcy can be filed hopefully in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back