Help with bank account

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandaalchemist

I have recently wnet to the bank with a friend to deposite a check he gave me for some cash. I gave him the money and latter went to the bank to deposit the cheks(two checks). About two weeks later the checks where both returned and put my account overdrafted. I went up and fix the overdraft putting my account back on the positive. I was told my account was restricted. The checks given to me were fraud and was forged. I proceeded by trying to close my accounts. I closed the savings but the checking was still restricted and could not be closed. I called the bank and they said I was responsible and would have my account closed on check fraud. So I won't be able to open another for 5-7 years.

So is there anything I can do? I don't owe them any money or anything. All debt was paid for. Is this really all on me and I will have my account closed no matter what?

Here is what I am not getting - why isn't that you have not reported your friend to the authorities? You can get in deep trouble for not doing so and I am sure you have not realized the consequences of your act. If I were you, I would be worried about charges that will be possibly brought upon you and not so worried about not being able to open a checking account...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back