Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaokaygirl

First: This is the second marriage to my stbx. He is bi-polar and he is an okay guy when he is on his medication. Anyway April 8th I had to call the police because he grabbed me and said he was going to F____ kill me. My friends came and took me (my two dogs and my cat) to a place where he could not find me. (a total stranger took me in her home) My 16 year old son stayed with friends. I even have a copy of a restraining order from the woman he married after our first divorce in it she writes that "He would kill me my son and dispose of our bodies" I did not find this until a year after we were married the second time. He has made threats that he was going to kill my dogs my cat and for last year that he was going to kill himself. I was granted a Temporary Protective Order and he was removed from the house. The state appointed Attorney said I did not have a chance in hell of getting a Permanent Protective Order because he did not leave any marks on me. However, the day we went to court for the PPO my attorney put him on the stand first and he was very mean and disrespectfully to her and she had caught him in several lies ie., she asked him if he had told his employer that he was bi-polar and he said no he did not because he was not bi-polar and he said if "I was it is none of their D__ business". She produced him with a letter that he had written to his employer (postal service) stating that he was hospitalized and diagnosed with bi-polar. Long story short the Judge did issue me a PPO and would not allow him to come back to the house to get his clothes so I packed most of his clothes and his dad picked them up along with his dog.

I filed for divorce the same day. (April 29th). My divorce attorney has tried to get his attorney to return his calls with no avail. Since the day I filed it has been something every week. Someone tried to kill my son. His car was parked in the driveway and when I woke up on Memorial Day I noticed his hood was not shut. We opened it but did not see anything (we did not know what we were looking for) He drove my car to work that day. The next day he called me and said that he started his car and drove maybe five feet when it jerked and stopped and that he smelt gas I told him to get out of the car and I would call to have it towed to a garage. The garage called on the following morning and said that I needed to bring my son to the shop that someone had discounted the main fuel line. The mechanic told my son that fuel lines just don't come unplugged. We cleaned out the garage so that he could park his car in the garage. A couple of people he works with called me to let me know that he had bought a $17,00.00 motorcycle and sent me a picture so that I would know what it looked like and said that he was bragging that he had his father put the loan in his name, but it is registered in my sstbx's name. His father is 81 and I know he can not afford a motorcycle, because I have always filled out his financial affidavit for him to receive medical benefits from the VA, he is on a fixed income. I have been paying the first mortgage and all the bills including his truck insurance. The house is in his name and I am on a gift deed. I put $15,000.00 down on the house from premarital assets. He took a second mortgage out two years ago for $43,000.00. I tried to call in the first mortgage payment in for July and was told that he had filed for bankruptcy. My attorney got a copy of his bankruptcy (Chapter 13) he filed June 13th and had the motorcycle at work on June 17th. In his Chapter 13 he was $35,000.00 more in debt. I know this is part of being bi-polar. In his bankruptcy filling he purged himself all the way thru the papers. He stated that he was paying the mortgage and his truck insurance, which I have been paying since April.

He has broken the PPO and we went to court. We agreed to drop the charges if the court would order immediate mediation.

Mediation was a disaster. I arrived on time parked my car and before I could get my purse and go in my stbx was knocking on my window. Keep in mind there is a PPO against him. I told him if he did not get away from my car that I was going to call the cops. He then said my pastor wanted to talk to me. I picked up my phone and said that I was calling the cops. He backed up and I ran in the building and asked the receptionist to please put me in a room until my attorney got there. Then she came back to the room with his cell phone and said my pastor was on the phone. I took the phone and explained to him what was going on, by this time my attorney walks in and tells me to hang up the phone, which I did. He was not pleased at all that I had not called the cops and that I was talking to one of the pastors at church. Nothing was settled and my stbx said that he was going to file Chapter 7 so that the house would go in foreclosure. Can he do this? I am part owner by virtue of the gift deed. Is there anything that I can do to protect my interest? He said he wants to come to the house and get his things. He has a PPO against him and my attorney said he could and that I would have to leave so he could. In the PPO he is not allowed 500 yards of me, my son or our home. He said I would need to be gone from the house for 24 hours. I have 3 dogs a cat and my son.

• Should I report him to the bankruptcy court about the motorcycle?

I live in Georgia. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated? I know at some point I am going to have to go pro-se because I can not afford to pay my attorney once my retainer is used up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back