lease signed but immediately told cant move in

Status
Not open for further replies.

gueswat

Place: Seattle,WA

I have signed the lease but during the apartment inspection the apartment turned out to be really bad and smells awful with lot carpet stains.
When I told the guy who showed the apartment that I would not be interested he said we do have 72 hrs to decide if we could move in or not.So we told him immediately that I would not be moving in, He accepted the keys but asked us to come on monday so that he could talk to manager.When I met the other person on monday he said since I signed the lease I would be responsible for the whole term and then there is no such clause as 72 hr period.
I find it outrageous and feel I am being exploited. I would like to know if I have a case to present in court.
I would appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Exploited Tenant

While some contracts do allow a "cooling off" period (typically 72 hours) for one to change their minds, this does not hold true with leases and real estate contracts.

You signed a lease without seeing the rental unit?

Gail

When we saw apartment before it dint have tht smell. But 72 hrs period is not mentioned in the lease contract we just took his word. I know I made a mistake but I am looking to see if there is a case or not.

A case for what? Have they repaired or said they would repair the problem(s)? Have you been charged for rent for the Apartment even thugh its current condition is unlivable? Again whats your claim for a law suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back