Runaway child

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssloco

Ok honest truth, I am in my early twenties and have gotten into a serious relationship with a seventeen year old. We have never had sex of course because we won't risk the legal problems of that situation.

However, recently things have gotten very bad with her mother and her mother's boyfriend. She doesn't get physically abused yet, it's always just been verbal. But they are trying to keep us apart and it is upsetting her to point of considering running away. We are a couple states apart so she would be running pretty far. So far I have managed to calm her down and convince her to wait just a few months till she turns 18. But I think her mother might push her too far. I'm wondering what the legal ramifications would be if she showed up at my place and I didn't immediately turn her back over to her mother and let her stay a day or two to get her bearings. And also what the consequences are for a runaway. Perhaps, knowing the consequences for us both can convince her to just wait.

Any non biased advice here would really help.

DONT DO IT!!!! Let her turn 18 then move her in, you are a adult and the parents will charge you w. Sagitory rape, especially if they already have a issue w. You--- stay away until she is 18, if you don't you will regret it!

If the minor runs to you and you give this minor a place to stay your harboring a runaway and face legal problems. Far as rape that depends on your states laws. However until the child is 18 parents make all the rules. Thats my non biased advice! My bias advice is the relationship is wrong and you will likely cause problems in this minors future whether you intend to or not. If it was our teen your biggest worry would be my husband not the law!:yes:

aiding and bedding a runaway is a felony offense. Bringing a minor across state lines is felony kidnapping. so you can getting serious prison time for that. not recommended. perhaps she can attempt to get emancipated -not likely though. its not long till she turns 18 just wait it out. perhaps talking to the parents would help.

ok thanks for the replies. I would just like to confirm for the first two repliers that we have not had sex. We are both a bit to intelligent to make such a mistake.

I was hoping for someone to be able to tell me the exact consequence for such a situation. But you are all right. I know we need to wait which is exactly why I wanted to know the repercussions so I could fill her in to dissuade her from making a bad decision. But I appreciate the fact that anyone made the time to give an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back