Is this loan a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsDia

I need some legal advice soon please. My husband received this offer for a installment loan. Upon debit of this loan the first four months payments must be made to the lender. The company has a website and we deal with one person about this loan (we have her 1-888 #, ext #, email address and name). She told my husband that the loan is through a private lender due to credit history the company (westbrooke-financial) could not obtain anyother source for a loan.
The loan disclosure was emailed to him to be signed. We can not print it out on our computer so the women we deal with is going to fax it to us. The document does state that you can have ample time to show this to a legal advisor and or a financial advisor. It seems like the answer to our financial problems but I dont want to pay upfront and then end up being a part of a scam. In the disclosure it states that no payment has to be made until after the first four months. The woman said its because of past credit history that the lender wants to know that the loan will be paid and therefore the first four months are due before loan is received. Upon the lender receiving the funds within four hours the loan will be debited to our checking account. I asked if the lender withdraws the payment from the account and I was told that the funds can be sent by Moneygram inorder for it to process in a fast amount of time. Ive read a few things on the internet and one was that it is against the law in the U.S. to ask for money up front to obtain a loan. The money must be in your hands for seven days before payment can be requested. Same for direct loan or through third party loans. Is this true? Also inorder for the loan to be processed we must fax the following

the signed loan disclosure
2 forms of I.D. (one must be photo)
a utility bill
a voided check (for direct deposit)

I need to send my photo i.d because the utility is in my name.
We can have a certified check if we didnt want direct deposit. I kept copies of the emails I sent with the questions I had and also the loan disclosure. If I need to forward any of them to help better understand this please let me know.

This has SCAM written all over it. Verify all possible information with the BBB, the FBI scams website and do not send any personal information or any money until you are 100% sure that this is a legit business (Which I personally doubt it...)

Caveat Emptor - buyer beware!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back