abandon mobile home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabeth123

I am trying to abandon a mobile home that is in a park. I have been living there since 13 years. But the owner of the park is now trying to make my and other people lives a living hell. I would like to leave the home (Tucson, AZ) and take all the stuff out that I put in, like the awnings, airco, cooler, etc. Then sign over the title to the owner of the park, but I am afraid that it could have legal problem. We have been trying to pay the rent for the last 4 months, but she returns the check. Stating that we do not have a lease, therefore we are on a month to month rent. But in the past in 1995 when we entered the park there was never a lease. Until Aug. 2007 she started raising the rent instead of the usual 5 or 6 dollar with 35 dollars a month. People got very upset with that, and a lot became member of the AAMHO. Since I am the treasurer of the chapter we are being targeted by the owner as the troublemakers. We took her for a hearing with the department of building and fire safety, she agreed to all of our complaints, but later recanted it. She will not lett me sell my home or move it out acourding to her letters. In the mean while we moved since two months to another home (not in a park), and she knows that. She is threated us several times with efiction, but now we got a letter stating we have a court date for efiction (and two other tentants on the same day and time). What are my options. P.S. forgive me my English, since it is not my mother language. I am from Europe, and never in my life have I had this kind of situations. Thanks
:eek:

Keep the court date for the eviction; failure to do so will mean a default against you (i.e., the landlord automatically wins). The reason for the eviction is likely for non-payment of rent. Bring documentation that you did try to pay her; however, she refused these payments.

Unfortunately since you are a month to month tenant, your landlord can raise the rent.

Laws for mobile homes are often a bit different than for other residences because many who live in one own the mobile home and rent the lot (I'm assuming this is the case with you).

You can't force the park owner to take over the title to the mobile home. You can explain to the judge that you'd like to move the mobile home but your landlord is not allowing that and could he/she include in their judgement that you be allowed to do that.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back