Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Civil Rights Violated by sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveladyrick

Hello:

How does an extremely low income, disabled, terminally ill individual get low cost or pro-bono help with local police breaking the law and violating my 1st and 4th amendment rights? No local attorney's will help me whatsoever.

They've committed breaking and entering, criminal trespass, destruction of property, etc., all WITHOUT a valid warrant OR probable cause. They refuse to answer my calls and respond to letters I've written. It's been well over 2 months and we want our personal property back that the sheriff has stolen. They also physically threatened me TO NEVER WRITE MY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AGAIN! Writing my elected officials is why they're harassing me now.

I've hit a dead-end; can no one help me with this matter? Or are the police above the law and can commit whatever crimes they wish and violate civil rights without any consequences? It appears they have no one to answer to. Can anyone PLEASE help? Also, I've tried all legal organizations, pro-bono sites, the ACLU, etc., and none have helped me.

Thank you,
Rick Lovelady
loveladyrick@yahoo.com
580-546-7777

How does an extremely low income, disabled, terminally ill individual get low cost or pro-bono help with local police breaking the law and violating my 1st and 4th amendment rights? No local attorney's will help me whatsoever.
Since many lawyers make decent living suing government entities including the police, the fact that none will take your case should tell you that either the case is weak, or the award would be so small that it is not worth the time and effort.

They've committed breaking and entering, criminal trespass, destruction of property, etc., all WITHOUT a valid warrant OR probable cause.
What did they do? And why do they say they did it?

There are many reasons to justify an entry. Simply your statement that they had no cause is not sufficient to show anything. Why do THEY say they made entry? What was going on?

They refuse to answer my calls and respond to letters I've written. It's been well over 2 months and we want our personal property back that the sheriff has stolen.
Then go down there and politely request to speak to someone who can tell you the procedures for the return of your property.

What was taken? Why was it taken? i doubt they just broke in and decided to go shopping in your living room ... so what's REALLY going on here?

They also physically threatened me TO NEVER WRITE MY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AGAIN! Writing my elected officials is why they're harassing me now.
Would you care to elaborate?

- carl

Contact your news stations and newspapers.

As far as the ACLU goes, they only seem to take niche cases that generate a lot of publicity and are unique. I'm not surprised they are of no help to you.

I disagree somewhat with CDWJava. Due to immunity, most attorneys are reluctant to go after police, which in reality is going after the local/state government.

I disagree somewhat with CDWJava. Due to immunity, most attorneys are reluctant to go after police, which in reality is going after the local/state government.
The police only have QUALIFIED immunity. So, if they are acting outside the scope of their authority and the law (as breaking and entering, theft, and 4th Amendment violations would likely be), and beyond the scope of what a "reasonable" officer would do in a similar situation, they are just as vulnerable as anyone else (though usually financially indemnified by the city). Many attorneys make a fine living suing cities for such things and taking their "go away" payoffs. Since no attorney is willing to take it even for an attempt at this go away money (which usually requires the filing of a claim and then the papers for a lawsuit), it's a pretty good indicator that the OP's situation is not as he or she claims.

Since the post is long on rhetoric and entirely devoid of details, I suspect that the claims are groundless.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back