Failed to come to complete stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJep

I was leaving the bar last night at midnight had about 4 beers in 5 hours... leaving the parking lot there was no stop sign or yield i looked both ways and went didn't come to a complete stop but did yield cop pulled me over for that.. do u have to stop if there is no stop sign?? it was a private drive (parking lot) (got dui for .083) anyway to get this all dropped? or at least the DUI? i can not afford nemoney for this btw... thanks a million

Did you pull out in front of someone? Is your failure to come to a complete stop the officer's reasonable suspicion for pulling you over? Does it say that in his report?

No, there is no way to just get it "dropped" unless the DA decides the case is too weak to take to trial. That's where an attorney comes in.

At your arraignment (or before, depending on where you are) you should be able to get appointed counsel if you cannot afford an attorney of your own.

- carl

Yes, that is the reason for pulling me over. Maybe because I was leaving a bar... but there is no stop sign and no I didn't pull out in front of anyone the closest car (was the cop) more than 100 feet away. He wouldn't had to touch the brakes by the way I'm from Kansas where the legal limit it .08 could .083 be a failure of the machine it was the Intoxicizer 8000 I be leave it wasn't accurate and asked for a blood test but they told me that I would have to go there myself and pay for it asked how much that would be and he said about 1000 dollars thanks a million for you help... Jeff

Last edited:
Yes that is the reason for pulling me over maybe cause i was leaving a bar...
Well, if he cannot articulate lawful cause for the stop, you win. Hope that he is a complete idiot ... but don't be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be.

im from kansas where the leagal limit it .08
Actually, that's NOT "the legal limit". A person can be impaired and arrested well under .08. What .08 is (nationwide) is the 'per se' limit. In other words, when your BAC is .08 or higher, you are automatically considered to be impaired. A 'per se' violation is usually a separate violation from the impairment violation.

could .083 be a failar of the machine it was the Intoxicizer 8000 I beleave it wasnt accuate and asked for a blood test but they told me that I would have to go there my self and pay for it asked how much that would be and he said about 1000 dollars thanks a million for you help...
The machine could be off - the Intoxilyzer 8000 has, as I recall, a tolerance of +/- .02. Your attorney can make an argument against a charge for the 'per se' violation and maybe it'll fly. Chances are there is a lesser charge you can work out a plea to. But, whether this is possible will depend on the officer's observations and any performance on the field sobriety tests.

Out here, if you take a breath test we are required to offer the opportunity for blood to be taken as well. But, the state won't test the blood, the defendant can pay for the testing if he or she wishes.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back