Be kind to the store manager at Staples

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman

This is a funny story I just felt like sharing which was a lot more annoying and incredible at the time. I went into a Staples store to buy a new laser printer, roughly a $450 purchase. I asked one of the workers who finally came over to help me to get me one which didn't appear in the demo area but mentioned they had boxes for them elsewhere. He told me that it was a new model that just came out and replaced the old one that was there. They had what appeared to be 2 left. He gets this contraption to get one down and then, and then, to my surprise, walks past the checkout counter, sets it down near the printer display area, rips open the box, and then starts to take out the accessories! I was next to him there for about 2 minutes and he said he was putting one out for display. I was a little surprised thinking that it was possible that I didn't get the sharpest pencil in the can. I then asked him if there was another one available and he says "good question." Great. Well, he quickly puts the printer on display, gets back onto his contraption and fortunately I got the last one left.

The moral of the story? There are a variety of people that work at Staples and for some of them, this is what they are qualified to do. Accept it, understand we need them for society, take the good with the bad, and sympathize with the manager whom you may need to talk to in order to get the obvious done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back