Company vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

brien3333

I used to work at a company who supplied me with a company car. I drove a lot of toll roads with an automatic payment transponder on my car that automatically charged my credit card. I got a new car and switched the transponder to that vehicle. Unfortunately, I guess I needed to update my new license plate with the toll road which I did not do. The toll company sent the violations to the fleet company and they were in excess of $10,000. This was from over a year ago and I just now got a letter in the mail from my old company saying they are going to take legal action against me because they paid the fleet company $10,000, who in turn paid the collection agency it had been sent to. My company is going to sue me for the money when I never even got the violation notices until now! I never even had a chance to investigate/fight the fines! Any suggestions

The license plate has nothing to do with it. If it was being charged to your card, you should have known something was wrong. You can go in and talk to the company that handles the tolls to see the exact situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back