I owe the bank.... (NC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smpatte3

Our June 27, 2006 I had discovered 1 my bank card was missing and 2 that someone had deposited a check into my account ($4,000+) so I mentioned it to the customer service lady and her exact words were "Don't worry about it i'll take care of it." So in the process of them supposedly taking care of it I still had my work checks deposited into the account. I never knew how much my actual balance was because the check stayed in there for 2 months. So I know I might've over drew some money but I know I didn't over draw the whole 4 grand! :mad: So now it's Sept. 9th and it's in collections. On August 26th I talked to this lady at the collection agency and she had told me that I could make payments as long as I paid on it. But today when I called another lady said that I couldn't pay on it and that the other lady had wrote in her notes of our conversation that I had a $4,300 check coming to me, and that I had planned on paying them which is totally not what I said at all. So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I feel like they've been trying to get over on me from the beginning. What can I do?????

Thanks In Advance!

You need to repay the money used that was not yours to begin with. Tell the collections agency that you are willing to do that but not all at once since you just don't have the means and that is the only way you can work with them. Be persistant regarding the installment plan since they will do whatever it takes to get the money all at once. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back