Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Disclosure of Incident on Visa application

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC08

I was picked-up by police earlier this year. I presumed it was for 'public drunkenness' but I was not told that by the police, even when I asked. I was detained for 4 hours, fingerprinted and photographed. I was not told that I was "Placed Under Arrest" nor was I "Read my Rights" and I was informed that there was "No Charge" and "No Record".

I am currently in the process of renewing my H1B visa and am considering applying for a Green Card in the near future. I received my renewed I-797 form before this incident but I still need to get my new "Visa stamp" put into my passport whilst at the US embassy abroad, so I can re-enter USA.
I am male and from a country that participates in the visa waiver program.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to disclose this incident on my application form for my Visa renewal/Visa stamp?
2. How would either disclosing this or not disclosing this incident on the application form affect my chances of having the Visa renewal approved?
3. When my fingerprints are scanned at the US embassy abroad and at airport customs to re-enter USA, will details of this incident be on their records?
4. Was I really officially arrested if I was not told I was "Placed under arrest" and I was not "Read my Rights" and told I had "No Charge" and "No Record"?

Thanks very much for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back