Change of title/position after hiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

par9037

Hello,

I was offered a project manger's position at $115, 000. When I started they are introducing me as a lead analyst (non managere) and I am not sure if the salary is different as well. I declined a counter offer from my previous employer to accept this new position.

Do they have the right to do this?

Unless you have a bona fide contract or CBA that says otherwise, yes. They may change your title and/or job duties as they find necessary.

They can change the pay as well? If the answer is yes, can I then resign based on the title and/or pay change without any legal retribution by them?

Yes they can. As far as the reason why you are resigning, I would think it out before you decide to vent out your frustration. You may want to save this bridge from burning all the way... Good Luck to you!

As of now there is no bridge burning at all. It's only my second day on the job and the first day was orientation. So I am suspicious of their motives. I never like to burn bridges and will not do so if I resign. However, I left a PM position after they heavily recruited me for months and feel like this was bad faith hiring to pull me from my previous position with empty promises.

If the salary changes...then it will become a problem. I am not worried with the title as much. I have my responsibilities to family to meet our needs as well financially.

It may be legal to do this but I don't think it is ethical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back